Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A dispatch from the far reaches of the Commonwealth

Hello.

It's been a very, very long time. Again.

But this time, I have a good reason. If you haven't been keeping up with Jim or Matt's blog, then you don't know that I just started working at the Berkshire Eagle in Pittsfield, Mass. Also, until about 12 hours before this post was written, I had no internet whatsoever. It was like a week without the web. Imagine that. Like going camping in a four-room apartment. Now, I have 24-hour internet, and enough cable to make me question the virtues of fresh air and sunlight (not to mention being social). So I'll be a little more frequent in my posting, I'd think. Anyway, check out the Eagle, it's a great paper, and even if you don't read my stuff, you'll get to hear stories of huge floods and - I'm absolutely NOT kidding - a controversy involving a gunfight with turkeys.

No comments: