Yes, I know, infrequent posting, blah blah blah. That should all change sometime in the next few weeks, when I move back to civilization and get a 24/7 wireless connection. Cripes, then I'll be posting as much as Matty. Ok, maybe not that much. Either way, sporadic stuff for now.
In a fit of absolute plagiaristic glee, I grabbed today's IMDB poll for this site, because I think it's pretty interesting (and you have to register at iMDB in order to vote over there, so here you can have your say, Household Income-questions-free.
Here it is:
Premiere magazine just released their list of the "Top 20 Most Overrated Movies of All Time" -- which of them is the most overrated?
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Beautiful Mind
American Beauty
An American in Paris
Chariots of Fire
Chicago
Clerks
Easy Rider
Fantasia
Field of Dreams
Forrest Gump
Gone with the Wind
Good Will Hunting
Jules & Jim
Moonstruck
Monster's Ball
Mystic River
Nashville
The Red Shoes
The Wizard of Oz
They're all overrated!
Share your thoughts in the comments section if you like. My vote was for Gone With the Wind, which I admittedly didn't see until I was forced to for an assignment in high school. Pretty shocked to find that "Titanic" wasn't on the list, but blame Premiere (and feel free to make your write-in votes here.)
1 comment:
Field of Dreams rocks, baby. Who hasn't dreamed of meeting baseball players, albeit in their own backyard, and deceased ones at that?
And f*ck if my brother and I don't see "Moonlight Graham" on the jumbo tron every damn time at Fenway.
Overrated? Maybe. A film that still warms my little gizzards? You betcha.
Post a Comment