Well, now that Jim has once again brought attention to my blog, I thought I'd pop in and say hello. Don't have a whole lot to talk about right now, but I'll prepare something for early this week. If you know me, and you want to know about the Berkshire Eagle reference Jim made, get in touch with me (it's not too hard). I just don't want to broadcast any of it here. Moving along...
Wow, so at this point, you can pretty much sit down in front of the tube at 1 p.m. on Sunday, and not really get up to do anything for almost 10 straight hours. Football, football, and more football, as well as West Wing on NBC, Desperate Housewives (if you're into that sort of thing), and then Grey's Anatomy, which is a fantastic show that I hope doesn't get lost in the mix this season. Sheesh.
Brief, my-battery-is-about-to-die thoughts on the West Wing Season 7 premiere: Some interesting looks at the future to start the ep, and the best of those was definitely the CJ-Danny Concannon angle. That brought a fist pump from yours truly. Also, it seems obvious that Josh's announcement of the current president's arrival to Bartlet would mean that Josh's guy won the race, but I think there are a lot of ways that this might not be so. Either way, the math puts us right around late July/early August in the WW world, so hopefully we'll have the election and a new pres sometime around christmas, or at least in time for Feb. sweeps. Could be a very interesting race to watch, since Santos is, y'know, not a WASP or Irish Catholic, and Vinick isn't exactly your prototypical tax-cuttin' defense-spendin' welfare-hatin' Repub. I'm a little torn on whether I want the show to continue beyond this season, because I think Martin Sheen as president is so ingrained now, but I'm starting to think that Smits and Alda would both do a fine job as the head cheese. And you just KNOW that a Vinick presidency would include some Bartlet staffers in the White House.
As for Desperate Housewives, OK everyone, I've given the ladies of Wisteria Lane a shot, and they almost entirely disappointed me. Marcia Cross is fantastic, and I'd probably watch a show that was all about her, and Teri Hatcher is OK, but I just don't understand America's fascination with characters that have no moral fiber and no care for their fellow man/woman. That's why I'm perfectly fine with admitting that I watch Gilmore Girls. Esquire's latest issue will back me up on this one.
I had more, but it got erased. Probably just as well. I'll hopefully have some more for the blog this week. Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment