OK, first real post, and I'm so jazzed about Star Wars, but if I start writing my review now, I'll have the world's stupidest reason for being on no sleep tomorrow. Instead, I'll paraphrase my thoughts into the following: WOW.
And then, mention a few reviews that I liked.
Ty Burr's Globe Review comes the closest to what I thought of the movie:
http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=6889
Ebert, of course, sets the gold standard:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050515/REVIEWS/50503002
Kevin Smith managed to write an understandable version of the fanboy angle, with OH MY GOD some freakin' spoilers. Seriously, don't even click on this if you want to remain in the dark:
http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/
Peter Travers had a negative review for Rolling Stone, which I think misses out on some important things, but I'll post it here just for balance's sake:
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/_/id/6140458?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=double1
My apologies if these links don't work, I'll figure out how to make them hot text links soon. Just wanted to put something on here so I didn't feel like I was neglecting this thing (which I am.)
No comments:
Post a Comment