You can deride me for the comments I made below. You can even say that my ranking of young actresses is wrong, silly, or backwards. However, it is NOT the dumbest thing you have seen on the internet.
How do I know?
Because Antonio Esfandari is an idiot.
Now, the fact that the man's home page is "magicantonio.com" should be enough of a tip-off, but this page truly ranks among the highlights of narcissistic foolishness on the internet. You may suggest that creating a page which simply exists to broadcast a movie line ("you're the man now, dog", or Vader's No from Revenge of the Sith) is a waste of bandwidth, but at least there's an honest amount of amusement to be gained from its creation. However, Esfandiari and his pals have gone above and beyond the ridiculous. Enjoy.
(As an aside: Would someone please tell all the pro poker players who are becoming famous now that posing with chips or cards does NOT make them look cool? I don't know what it is, but for some reason, holding a pair of aces or flipping chips from one hand to another just looks dorky.)
Movie stuff:
Roger Ebert wrote an interesting review of "The Longest Yard," which I think pretty accurately describes how I feel about movies. For instance, I liked "Armageddon," because it quite aptly did its job, which wasn't to enrich my thoughts on science, or inspire me to seek out the philosophical nature of the Father-Daughter relationship. Instead, it was loud, angry, exciting, and over-the-top. So when someone says "Armageddon sucked," I sometimes feel like they missed the point.
That said, I just linked to something that I am absolutely sure has been seen by 2/3 of my confirmed readership, so what do I know?
1st ADD - I think I just became a Dartmouth Lacrosse fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment