So, a vintner in Portugal is joining the recent trend of doing away with corks to top its wine bottles and instead going with a twist cap. This is apparently causing some serious hand-wringing in Portugal, which has a huge cork industry. I probably wouldn't have bothered linking, but it's kind of interesting and apparently the Portuguese cork, y'know, empire is using Jose Mourinho, manager of my Chelsea Football Club, to advertise for the continued use of corks. OK, I don't think I'm enough of a winey (yet) to write the word cork so many times in one paragraph. Anyway.
Sorry I haven't been updating much. I work in a four-person department, and our sports editor just took ill a few weeks ago. So a four-man crew that was already pretty much doing the work of five is now down to three. There hasn't been a lot of free time in my life, and most of that has been spent sleeping or decompressing. Anyway, I wrote an Inside Man review, so I'll post that above (which means that by the time you read this, you've already seen that. Making this sentence, and the one before it, useless. Good stuff.) Anyway, I'll try to swing by here every once in a while, but don't expect much until, like, June. Yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment