Holy crap, two posts in one day! I think, until I get a reliable internet connection at home, and am thus stuck with only posting from work or occasional visits back to civilization, that this blog will feature a lot of shorter, one-link posts, sometimes from the same day. This would be one of those times.
Jackpot Jay Lovinger says goodbye to his ESPN Page 2 readers. This brings the number of must-read columns on Page 2 down to ZERO for me. I haven't mentioned a lot of poker on here, because of several reasons. One, I'm not full-on into poker enough to research links about it. B, I really do enjoy poker, but I get very sick of the attention it's getting very rapidly, on TV, the internet, in newspapers, and from people who have no business talking about the game until they understand it. Thirdly, poker writing has its own lingo and rhythm, and I don't know that it really fits in on this blog. However, Jackpot Jay was always interesting to read, and realized that sometimes, stories about how he learned cards from his father are just as fun and just as telling as lingo- and technical detail-filled stories abotu good and bad hands. Poker (as a mainstream pop culture phenomenon) may not have jumped the shark, but I think we can all see the ramp somewhere up in the distance. Jay got out just in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment