There are things that I like. Many things. I write about them here, and until someone or something inspires me to change it, this will serve as the only warning you'll get.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Alicia's Story
I wasn't sure how much I wanted to read Alicia Parlette's account of her battle with cancer in the San Francisco Chronicle. Cancer touches everyone's life at some point, it seems, and when my Mom - currently courageously taking on a brain tumor - linked the story to me, I didn't think I was ready for the real down-and-dirty of this terrible disease. Then I started reading. Alicia's account is honest, candid, witty, and eye-opening, and worth the time it takes to read it (It's in seven parts, and is apparently available as a paperback book on the SFGate site as well.) Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment